06 May 2010

cookies

Erin wanted cookies so I made her some chocolate chip cookies. I don't understand why people post other cookie recipes online. They are all clearly inferior to Yaeling's chocolate chip cookies. They're still better even if you have to leave out the chocolate chips so a boy that pretends he doesn't like chocolate will have something to eat.


4 comments:

samandholly said...

The Yaeling cookies use shortening. I'm not a big fan of shortening. I like butter.

Ren said...

Do you use Mexican vanilla? It makes the cookies SO GOOD! Seriously. I agree that it's the best recipe. But if you use Mexican vanilla, it's even better than if you don't.

Patti said...

It only uses half shortening, and the other half is butter. I like the texture it gives them by doing it that way. I still think it's funny that they are called Yaeling cookies when all she did was copy the recipe onto her fancy postcard and draw some pictures around it.
BTW, Danny, did you wash your hands first? Just wondering.

Laura Read said...

Um, I commented on this last night but something must have happened and it didn't show up.
I thought it was hilarious that you did a blogpost about cookies, thought it was even funnier that you still call them Yaeling cookies, and thought it was even funnier you made chocolate chip cookies without chocolate chips.
You're a good dad.