04 November 2008

Halloween

This year, Jackson was Thomas the Train. He was pretty proud of it, and we tried to get him to say "Allllllll aboard! Trick or treat!" but he wasn't really buying into that. Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Donna came to dinner and we all had a really nice evening.


Jackson had a great Halloween (I think). We....

- made a Halloween gingerbread house,

- carved a pumpkin and roasted pumpkin seeds

- baked and decorated cookies, and

- went trick-or-treating around the complex using the questionably effective elbow-door-knocking technique


He did great going door-to-door... In previous years I think he was a) too tired, and b) too shy to do much, but Jack was noticeably more into it this year.

Count of children who knocked on our door: 2 (including Jack)

He's also turned into quite the little candy fiend. He'd never really been into cookies and candy, but I think he ate his way to a stomachache on Friday night.

No comments: