04 November 2008

Boating on Barack Obama

I guess when you're 3 years old, some things get lost in translation.

We thought that it would be a good education experience and a nice memory for Jackson if he went with us to go vote today. So, we bundled him up and left the house early today to go stand in line at the church that was our designated polling location.

Pretty soon it became apparent that Jackson thought we were going on a boat and that the boat was called Barack Obama (or maybe Bob Barr). Disappointment ensued when he realized there was no boat in sight and that the excitement peaked when he got a piece of candy from a poll worker.

So, I think we'll be trying to locate a boat ride of some sort this weekend.

In other news, we went early this morning (~30 minutes before the polls opened) and there were already maybe 50 people standing in line. I passed another couple polling places on the way to work and they were pretty packed. I know Tennessee is pretty firmly in the McCain column but everyone I work with seems to be voting Obama.

No comments: