05 March 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

• Danny started his new job at TVA yesterday. He's working three blocks from where I am, in The James Building. In my old office around the corner, I could actually see TVA buildings. Not so much anymore. He's not really had time to get a good idea about his responsibilities or the atmosphere, but so far all comments are positive.

• Wedding planning is going well! We got our invitations in the mail yesterday, so we'll be working on that in the coming weeks. We've also got the cake, my dress, and our rings taken care of. Both the wedding and the reception will be at Grandview, so we're good to go there. Just a few details left to iron out!

• So, in light of the fact that wedding planning is kind of wrapping up and our lease runs out in June, we've tentatively decided to buy a house in June as well. We're meeting with a realtor this weekend to look at a handful of properties and I expect after that, we'll get with some lenders to see if we can get prequalified.

• Jackson is still the same sweet little munchkin he was last week, so no changes to mention there. He's getting pretty good with counting and he's taking after Danny and inventing his own words. The ones I like the most are "yesternight" and "tomorning." Also, Danny is teaching him how to drive. He can put the keys into the ignition and turn the car on. By. Himself. Thus far he's only used his new skills to run both of our cars out of windshield wiper fluid. I'm just glad he can't reach the pedals and is oblivious to the gearshift.

3 comments:

Patti said...

OH MY! I got emotional when you mentioned the wedding rings and I thought about my little baby boy (sorry about that, Danny) wearing a wedding ring on his finger! This is getting so exciting!

Ren said...

Good luck searching for a house to buy. It can be a fun process...but also a complete nightmare. Hopefully it stays fun for you guys.

Nora's world said...

Danny likes to teach bad things to small children... just ask Nora.