25 January 2009

baking and birthdays

Erin wanted to bake a lot of cookies and such for Christmas. We made chocolate chip, snickerdoodles, chocolate crisp things, lemon things, trios (sugar+three holes filled with different jams), and some sort of fig cookie. She promised me that we would give nearly all of them away but we ended up eating far too many. We were also going to make these mint grasshopper squares but we ran out of time. We made them a few weeks later for a wedding shower type thing for her work. I never tried one but she and her coworkers said they were very good. They took kind of a long time to make but they look pretty, huh?


Jack changed his birthday cake desires from a thomas the train cake to an airplane cake. I thought it would be pretty easy to make while Erin thought it might not be so easy. She was right. Other than the tail part that is apparently showing that the plane is turning to the right, it turned out pretty well I think.


We went to ihop for breakfast. I think he and Erin shared a dish and he ate most of it. He's sometimes helpful like that.


We went to Play world down under with his grandparents and aunt. He had a pretty good time.


Finally we came back home and opened a few presents. We helpfully didn't take pictures of that part of the event but I imagine you can imagine what it would look like to see a kid open a few presents.

He had a good time and then got to go to his grandparents' house to see the room they made for him. He was quite a happy little kid.

1 comment:

Patti said...

What a great job on the airplane cake! Thanks for posting pictures.